Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Beach Bikini Body for Summer

It is that time of the year again; the whether is starting to warm up which means pool time! SUMMER!! It is my favorite time of the year. Contrary to popular belief my Miss America body did not come easily. Months of hard work in the gym and making healthy eating choices put me in tip top shape to compete in my Catalina Swimwear on the Miss America stage in January. 

Since then, ya... I have eaten more pizza and pasta than normal, but I have still managed to maintain a healthy life style and a body I will be proud to show off in a swimsuit. On top of my busy work schedule, I am extremely active in the gym and other physical activities so that my body will be ready for the beach this summer. I stay fit for my future: I want to be healthy, happy, and a good role model for my children when I am older. It starts today! It is never too late to get in shape. Check out some of my simple fitness tips to help you get ready to rock your beach bikini body this summer!

Get Ready for the Beach with these Ten Simple Fitness Tips: 

1. Drink a lot of H2O!! (Water)
2. When you are on the road, carry a protein bar or beef jerky with you to deter you from fast food temptations.
3. Alternate upper body workouts and lower body workouts in the gym throughout your week.


4. Eat Healthy Carbs- Sprouts, lettuce, spinach, celery...VEGGIES!!!
5. Cut out what's" WHITE"- cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, ranch, and bread.
6. Want to be lean? Consume lean cuts of meat!
7. Instead of going to the gym find a fun physical activity you can do with your family, like a bike ride or bowling. 
8. Looking for a flat tummy in your bikini?? Make sure to do abdominal exercises at least 4 days per week. 
9. Make 20 minutes of cardio and 30-45 minutes of weight training part of your daily routine. Keep your gym bag in the car so you can be sure to get a good workout in sometime during your day
10. When your body is sore, don't forget to take a break. After all your hard training, your body will need some rest to build and restore the muscles you have been working. 

Get started today on looking great and feeling great for all the summer fun! See you at the beach! 


-Candice Bennatt
Miss New Mexico 2012



1 comment: